Recent Articles

The Best Way To Get Handyman Leads

There are a number of ways to get handyman leads for your business. Sure you could get them by subscribing to companies like Home Advisor (formerly Service Magic), Thumbtack, and others but is that really the best way to get leads for your business? It’s definitely not the cheapest! Exclusive handyman leads The first problem [...]

Continue Reading →
Create a Facebook Page For Your Handyman Business

Create a Facebook Page For Your Handyman Business

Every handyman should create a facebook page for their business. You may not see any huge results from doing it but it’s just one more way to be found on the internet. To be honest, after I created my facebook business page I didn’t do anything with it; and still haven’t. I’m still glad I [...]

Continue Reading →
Handyman Website SEO Part 3: Links

Handyman Website SEO Part 3: Links

Everything I’ve mentioned in the first two posts of this series (Part 1, and Part 2 are here) was considered on-page SEO and that accounts for about 30% of search engine optimization. The other 70% is off-page SEO and that’s all about links. Every website on the internet should have links pointing to it. These [...]

Continue Reading →
Handyman Website SEO Part 2: Content and more

Handyman Website SEO Part 2: Content and more

Besides being in the titles and your url’s, your keywords need to be in the content of your pages. If you have a page about ceiling fan installation then obviously you’re going to need to mention the keyword “ceiling fan installation” a few times. You should also use variations of the keyword phrase such as [...]

Continue Reading →
Handyman Website SEO Part 1: Domain Names and Titles

Handyman Website SEO Part 1: Domain Names and Titles

If you aren’t familiar with the term “SEO” it just means “search engine optimization”. Really, if you want your handyman website to rank high in the search engines and you want to do most of the work yourself you’ll need a quick lesson in SEO. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of information to cover [...]

Continue Reading →

Online Lead Generation For a Handyman Business

Did you know you have the power to generate leads online whether you are out working, sleeping or on vacation? It’s true, I do it in my own business and I have for quite a few years now. It works wonders and it’s my favorite way to get new customers for my handyman business. Let [...]

Continue Reading →
How Your Handyman Website Shows Up On Search Engines

How Your Handyman Website Shows Up On Search Engines

One of the biggest problems I see handymen make when creating a website is that they don’t have a clue how search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing play a crucial role in their website’s visibility on the internet. It seems most handymen think they can create a quick basic website and it will just [...]

Continue Reading →
Your Handyman Business Above Your Competitors on Google Places

Your Handyman Business Above Your Competitors on Google Places

In the last post I briefly talked about setting your up your Google Places listing for your handyman business. Actually, I mostly just gave you a link to follow because I already wrote a post on that at Handyman Edge. This is a very important step and that’s why you’ll find that I talk about [...]

Continue Reading →

Where To Start When Marketing Your Handyman Business on The Internet

When you think of all the things you’ll have to do to get your name out on the internet and get people to find you it can be a bit overwhelming. Actually it’s for good reason because there is A LOT to be done in order to create a presence online for your handyman business. [...]

Continue Reading →

Internet Marketing and Your Handyman Business

At first glance you may not think that internet marketing and a handyman business have anything in common but in fact every business, not just a handyman business, needs to be effectively marketing on the internet. It’s no surprise anymore that the internet plays a HUGE role in running a business. If you don’t adapt [...]

Continue Reading →